Thursday, August 8, 2013

Some Final Results

After all the excitement of the workshop, the shopping for products, searching for treasures, preparing of the pieces and experimenting  I do have some final works.  Here is a smattering of what I have done so far.

This is an iron oxide piece with various shapes.  I really like the way the textures add dimension to the  piece.  If you look carefully you can see the faint outline of some words.  In the corner is the remnants of a post card.  What did this all mean so long ago?


Long lost









Olio is combination of several techniques.  I used the Custom Patch to do a stencil. I poured over the stencil then added metal paint, rubbing most of it off.  I cannot seem to get away from some kind of collage on most of my pieces, this is no exception.

Olio





I have a few more pieces finished with some techniques I have not talked about yet but will be soon.  The best thing about all of this is not the pieces I have done but the ones I haven't done yet.


No comments: