Monday, July 9, 2012

Sandals Redux

Before I left for England I posted a pair of sandals I had been working on. They were just a pair of black rubber sandals laying in the sand but I was really intrigued by the shape, color, contrast and texture of the photo.
That unfinished painting was sitting on my easel when I got back and I thought it would be a good place to start to get into the swing of painting again. I have to confess I had a hard time with it. It was dull and had no life and just wasn't interesting anymore. I couldn't seem to capture any of the real charm I had seen. I spoke to my mentor and fellow painter Carol Schiff and she reminded me that I had to stop being so literal, punch it up a little put in interesting colors add some contrast, add some texture...so I did. I am happy with the final results and hope you like it too.
















No comments: