Sunday, August 9, 2009

gearing up

I actually got to paint on Friday and it felt pretty good. I did some fruit from a photo I took in Maine and a foggy mountain scene. I find that the first painting I do after being away for awhile is the best for me. It is always spontaneous with fun colors and form. I think I am so relaxed about starting up again, I have no hang-ups or agenda, I just want to do something for the sake of doing something. I wish I could capture that when I am painting on a regular basis.
I would love to be able to let go and enjoy the process more. If anyone has any secrets about doing that or being able to quit before they worked something to death I am all ears.
I took some photos Friday of some paintings I had done before I left, which I will post. Group tomorrow at last. Wish me luck

No comments: