Tuesday, August 4, 2009

back at last

hi outhere,
I am back at last from my travels. We did a wonderful roadtrip from Florida, thru Georgia, the mountains of N. Caroina, to Massachusetts and Maine. It was a wondeful trip where we got to discover and explore areas we had not been to before.
On the trip home we stopped at several Civil War sites (I am not taking sides). I was a former history teacher and just love that sort of thing.
My husband was extemely patient and we druged the battle fields at Antietam, visted Harpers Ferry W. Va, which was is hidden gem both in historical signifignce and beauty. Not to let anytime go to waste we also did Appomattox Courthouse and Andersonville Prison, whew. If you are not inclined sorry to go on but if you are you can imagine how great a trip this was.
We did vist with family and friends, which was the real highlight of the trip or was it eating our way from state to state? I have to say a special thanks for our friends Pam and Bill in Maine. Pam made the most delicious peach pie ever!!
I have not picked up a pencil or brush since I left. It rained on us every day but I am not complaining, the cool air felt sooo good. I have taken lots of photos though and I will be posting some.
I'm glad to be back.

No comments: